Will these breakouts hold?

Posted by downtowntrader | 1/23/2006 09:12:00 PM | 0 comments »

I am more then a little wary of stocks that are breaking out in the current market environment. At this point I am looking for stocks that can possibly buck the general trend if the market does deteriorate further. The reason I am still looking long is that we are still technically in a rally and shorting (for a swing) at this point would result in being chopped out I believe. Here are a few that may be able to sustain the breakouts.

XTO held above the support line and is in a good sector. Weekly chart looks good too.
CRI broke out in a big way today.
Weekly looks great.
PETS reported earnings today and took off. The reason I think they can follow through is that if PETS closes the week over 15 they should make the IBD 100 list again. They debuted pretty high on the list last time and looks like they will close over 15.
Weekly looks OK.
I've been posting a lot on MMUS but today was another strong day for them with a new closing high. Volume is building so 52 week high may may be next.
Congrats to those who traded these picks.

DT

0 comments