Trade Ideas Scan

Posted by downtowntrader | 3/30/2006 08:57:00 PM | 3 comments »

As I had mentioned a few days ago, I am testing out the trade-ideas real time scanner. I will post a more thorough review after I have used it longer and learn more of the in's and outs, but let me say that I love this product. Once you learn how to filter out the noise you can get some very high quality setups. While I have been using it primarily for daytrading ideas, I tried tweaking it tonight to scan for swing trade candidates (special thanks to Dan Mirkin at Trade-Ideas for helping me get started). The following four picks are some of the ones that turned up on the custom scan. If you're interested in Trade-Ideas sign up here for a free trial. Let them know downtowntrader sent you.

NETL was the first to turn up and after checking it out, it is number one in the electronic semiconductor manufacturing group over NVDA.ETN was another strong looking stock.
AMLN showed up on an intraday scan for me today and then turned back up on my scan tonight. Strong move today to clear resistance.
MVK was the last one and has been moving steadily since clearing the triangle base.
I wrote about PNRA a few times as it has bounced off the trendline. Took out the high today and had decent volume.
PVH has been pulling back in a pennant. Looks like they may bounce here.
AEM gapped over resistance today.
JOYG looks like they may finally bounce off the trendline. Watch for a break to either side.


Good Luck,

DT

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // 1:24 PM  

    I am trying trade ideas out. What kind of parameters are you using to scan stocks. Thanks.

  2. downtowntrader // 1:54 PM  

    I use a few different scans depending on what I am trying to look for. I use 52 week highs on strong volume and i modified a stocks breaking out of consolidation one to include 150% volume and 8 day high. I will post some sample scans when I do my complete review.

    DT

  3. Anonymous // 11:06 PM  

    Thanks DT. I enjoy the blogsite.