Blogger crashed

Posted by downtowntrader | 1/03/2007 09:26:00 PM | 4 comments »

I had a full post typed up and Firefox crashed either due to blogger or stockcharts. I lost everything and I need to step out. I will try and repost tonight or tomorrow morning.

Congratulations to Dave at stocktickr for the prominent mention of his site on a Wall Street Journal article profiling "Social Networking" sites. I was quoted right in the beginning under my given name; Joey Fundora. It was pretty neat to see my name on the Journal and it is funny how I interviewed with the reported for over an hour and the end result was one blurb. I was more then happy to offer my opinion on stocktickr as I truly find it critical to my success. Congrats again Dave.


DT (Joey)

EDITED ** Below added at 12:45am 1/4/2007

Sorry for cutting the post short as I was running to the movies and my browser crashed before I could publish the post I was working on.

It looks like we can count on some volatility this year as the trading year started off with a roller coaster of a day. The indices gapped strongly this morning and plowed ahead through mid-day. They started rolling over before the fed minutes were released and accelerated their descent at 2:00. They then made a strong push to finish near unchanged. All of the indices had wide ranging days eclipsing both the prior high and low. This type of action occurs at market turning points, so if the indices can't clear today's highs soon, a major high may be in place. I don't want to put too much emphasis on one days action, especially a when no side was able to follow through, but it was an auspicious start to the year.

I mentioned the stock contest I have with my friends and below are the final choices. I'm not too happy that one of my picks (OMNI) was derailed along with the oil patch, but it is a long year.

DT Btuff Smorg Paige Lionshare Doc Y Fcagger
OMNI BOOM MFN MFN DELL AUY MFN FE
CXW ASEI ERS LMRA INAP SLW ICE CRY
Publish
I had narrowed my choices down to six stocks and in the end was stuck on five of them. Here they are in the final order of preference.

1. CXW
2. OMNI
3a. EZPW
3b. COCO
3c. XING
6 HAR

I looked at weekly charts of each and found something compelling on all of them. I currently don't hold a position in any of them, but will be looking for entries if the markets cooperate. I will resume posting charts tomorrow.

Good Luck,

DT

4 comments

  1. esto // 12:01 AM  

    Very cool!

  2. Trading Goddess // 10:58 AM  

    I have been having problems with Blogger since yesterday morning. Very frustrating. And I tried both browsers. Bleah!

  3. downtowntrader // 11:14 AM  

    Yeah me too goddess. I know it's free, but sometimes blogger is a mess.

  4. Anonymous // 4:26 PM  

    Thanks for the comments, downtown. And the suggestions for the service - you've made some good ones!