Calling all bloggers

Posted by downtowntrader | 4/25/2007 11:35:00 PM | 6 comments »

Before I start the market stuff, I am going through the blogroll and cleaning up any blogs that are being updated, and looking to add new blogs I may of missed. If you are a blogger that I have missed for whatever reason, and want a link, let me know in the comments section.

The shorts were squeezed a little today as the major indices started strong and put the pressure on. The Dow hit the big 13K and while it doesn't mean much, the media will make a big deal about it. While most stuff is a little extended, I'm looking for some spots in smallcaps as they have been lagging a little and aren't quite as extended as the other stuff. I like ICE, NTGR, PCLN, VIP, MFW, and LFL out of the IBD 100 list.

Here is a chart of ICE.

IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (Public, NYSE:ICE)
It still looks like a decent setup to me with a possible move to close the gap shown on the chart.


Good Luck out there, and maintain the discipline and patience to not chase stocks for fear of missing out.



Joey

6 comments

  1. Alex O. // 2:31 AM  

    Actually, I'd appreciate a link to my blog Portfolio Analysis which is everything else but a short term trading blog. In other words, you have a good reason to not include it, but also a good reason to add it :)

  2. Unknown // 3:52 PM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. MyFriendFate // 11:36 PM  

    You can add mine if you want, although its more medium to longer term trading.

    I admire the fact that you do short term trading while having a full time job. I gave it a go awhile back and just couldn't manage to pull it off.

    Great charts!

  4. Rahul // 11:30 AM  

    If your readers can benefit from my trade ideas and comments, I would really appreciate my blog being added to your blogroll.

    My trading style is typically 2-5 day hold period swing trading.

    Thanks,
    Rahul
    http://www.tradernirvana.com

  5. downtowntrader // 12:06 PM  

    Ok guys, I checked out your blogs and added them to the list.

    Alex and IIO, Don't worry, I don't limit the blogroll to only short term or technical trading. I realize that each trader has his own unique niche and edge, so I am just trying to help my readers out in promoting their blogs.

    I realize most of you already link back to mine and I appreciate it. If you don't I would appreciate a link back too.

    Thanks,

    Joey

  6. Anonymous // 10:52 PM  

    Hey, I just started this blog up. It's more market commentary than specific ideas but good for a macro view. You may add it if you want.

    http://zerobeta.typepad.com