Fantasy Football Marathon Sunday

Posted by downtowntrader | 8/27/2007 08:43:00 AM | 0 comments »

Market related posting will be back in full swing this week. I just got back home late last night from participating in two fantasy football drafts. The first was for an auction / keeper league and the second was for an insanely difficult 14 team league where 10 of the teams have been in the league for 15 years. This is the second year where both drafts are scheduled for the same day, and while it kills an entire day, I think I prefer it to having it on separate days. I think I have decent teams, although I kinda screwed up on the auction.

Auction Team: 12 team, $200 Cap, 4 Keepers

QB: Brett Favre

RB: Shaun Alexander

RB: Reggie Bush

WR: Chad Johnson

WR: Marques Colston

Flex: Laurence Maroney

K: Shane Graham

Def: Seattle

Reserves of note: Grossman, Mike Furrey, Eddie Kennison

While I think this is a very strong starting lineup, I killed myself by spending $108 and $56 on Alexander and Johnson. I have absolutely no reserve players. Some of the lineups look pretty skewed compared to traditional drafts because we can keep 4 keepers. If Colston is hurt, I am down to starting Mike Furrey, Bobby Wade or Eddie Kennison, ouch. My only other RB is Mike Anderson.

Draft League: 14 teams, 3rd pick

QB: Tony Romo

RB:Larry Johnson

RB: Cedric Benson

WR: Marques Colston

WR: Joey Galloway

TE: Chris Cooley

K: Jason Hanson

DEF: Minnesota

Notable Reserves: Julius Jones, Warrick Dunn, Vernand Morency, Ronald Curry, Jacoby Jones
While this team doesn't look anywhere near as good as the auction team, this was a very good draft. 14 team leagues are pretty hard and everyone in this league knows what they are doing. I ended up with a pretty deep team and a good starting lineup. The biggest issue here was I got shafted while waiting on a backup QB. I will have to wait and work the waiver wire.

Hopefully I have enough.

As for the markets, I would be a little cautious chasing long positions here. We've had a pretty decent bounce on declining volume and are heading into resistance. While I'm not sold on the next leg down breaking the recent lows, it could happen. Either way, I doubt we will be pushing through to new highs without a pullback soon.

Good Trading,

Joey

0 comments