Contest

Posted by downtowntrader | 1/03/2006 09:53:00 PM | 0 comments »

Stock contest year 2. A few friends and I got together last year and played an impromptu game. We picked two stocks each with the idea that it would be a hold till next year. We paper traded of course, cause I would never say I won't sell, but it's an interesting game. You don't want to pick something that is overextended already, but you don't want to bottom fish either. Last year I failed miserably, picking TOPT and JNPR. We did it in December last year andI ended up down 35% average. The winner picked AMD and NVDA for near 55% average. I liked gold this year, but decided to stay away from a specific sector play. My two picks for the year are CMED and REDF. I thought about VPHM, MNST, BOOM, MRVL and a couple others. If anyone has some in mind, feel free to leave a comment.

DT





0 comments