Watch List

Posted by downtowntrader | 3/23/2006 10:15:00 PM | 2 comments »

Not much to say about market action today, other then smallcaps showed a little strength. GOOG was up afterhours on news that they are gonna be added to SP500. It will be interesting to see how Nasdaq performs tomorrow. Here are some charts that will be on my watch list.

NGPS chart is looking very pretty. Looks like triangle is broken.

I am watching MNST to see if it will pullback to trendline. I am waiting for the next higher high.
AKS looks like it is ready to move here.
GG had a nice move off the 50sma and is still the healthiest of the gold stocks. Most gold stocks were nicely today despite gold finishing a little lower.
Silver is the hot metal, and SLW is still my favorite play in the sector.
PAL is another metals play in the less followed paladium market.
PSYS gave back yesterdays gain and failed at the 50sma.
PWR may be a little extended, but I will be watching it for a move.
CLB is back for a test of the trendline.
EGY has held up reasonably well in the energy pullback, and looks like it will challenge the trendline.
AEOS found support and may be good for a quick trade.
Here is an updated chart on HD. I mentioned a couple days ago that HD should break resistance and it has on decent volume.
I'm hoping for a shot at PNRA near the trendline.

Good Luck,

DT

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8:37 AM  

    I like SLW but IF silver pull back some..., SLW could crash about 25%[easy]. Long term it is headed much higher in my opinion.

  2. downtowntrader // 9:29 AM  

    Thanks for the comment real1. While SLW is overbought after the strong move the past two days, I'm not thinking it will drop 25% unless silver falls apart. There should be strong support near 10 now that it is broken, so I would think that 10-15% would be the most severe pullback. Just my opinion.

    DT