Stock Chart Analysis KEX

Posted by downtowntrader | 5/22/2007 09:08:00 PM | 2 comments »

Stock Chart Analysis KEX

Kirby Corporation (Public, NYSE:KEX)

Shipping has been hot,hot,hot lately. I was looking through the sector tonight and I wonder where my head has been. Look at DRYS,TBSI,NM,OSG,TOPT when you have a chance, and you will see some major moves. While KEX hasn't had the move some of these have had, it isn't seriously overbought either. It hasn't been a major laggard either gaining a health percentage gain this year. What we have here, is a stock that cleared a major base and is now in a small consolidation. It looks like it is starting to clear this little triangle and could challenge the recent highs.


Good Trading,

Joey

for more analysis check out my home page at http://downtowntrader.com

2 comments

  1. Muaad // 1:03 AM  

    DT,

    I hope all is well. Congrats on the new site. I just wanted to mention ERS - one you analyzed some time ago. It has recently broke the downtrend channel and is beginning to test significant resistance areas. I was fortunate enough to see this one early today and trade it below 11, and know that you have been watching this one for a while.

    Let me know what you think of the chart.

    Cheers,
    Muaad

  2. downtowntrader // 9:04 AM  

    Muuad,
    Funny you mentioned ERS as I was discussing it last night with a friend. I'm not sure how I missed it, since I've been watching it closely recently for a breakout. I like the chart here and I think it's headed much higher. I'm looking to get in on a pullback.

    Good Luck on it,

    Joey