Very Cool Site

Posted by downtowntrader | 3/11/2008 11:00:00 PM | 0 comments »

Gal Arav, founder of Instantbull.com appears to hit it out of the park again with a new project. He launched a new site that aggregates news in a very innovative way. The site is named Newsflashr and it promises a faster way to track all the most credible news sources. The site focuses on keywords when aggregating news and then displays popular keywords in a cloud like format. When you click on a keyword, it displays links to current news. I have to say, I tried it and it was very fast and I am really impressed at how innovative this idea is. Here are a few excerpts from their site:

  • hot topics are extracted from all the most credible news sources in order to display the "collective intelligence" of all the top news editors
  • results are displayed within a "hot topic news cloud" in order to transparently link matching news headlines at unprecedented client-side speed (competing services are slower due to their use of standard server-side retrieval operations)
  • mainstream news and blog categories can be easily compared while viewing each news source's independent traffic rankings (provided by Alexa, an Amazon, Inc. company)
  • search and track popular topics in news headlines up to 7 days old; search results are immediately displayed in a convenient summary matrix
  • customize the "freshness" of highlighted topics and corresponding headlines
  • access all headlines on one concise page in either "feeds view" or "topics view", including photos and images in the news that match selected topics

I use google to aggregate my rss feeds, but I have always felt my news feeds were slow and overwhelming with stories I wasn't interested in. I can easily see myself using Newsflashr to check breaking news stories.

Check it out Newsflashr.com when you have a chance.

Joey

0 comments