Dollar Financial attempting a breakout

Posted by downtowntrader | 4/22/2010 12:28:00 AM View Comments

While I was writing my column for Investopedia this week on Credit Service companies, I kept looking back at Dollar Financial Corp. (Public, NASDAQ:DLLR). DLLR is an international financial services company serving banked and unbanked consumers. The Company provides a range of consumer financial products and services consisting of check cashing, single-payment consumer loans, longer-term installment loans, pawn lending, debit cards, phone/gift cards, bill payment, money orders, money transfers, foreign exchange, gold buying and legal document processing services.

This chart setup looks great in my opinion, and I am adding it to the top of my watchlist. DLLR is consolidating on lighter volume near the breakout area near $25. I am still a little cautious on the near term outlook for the markets so I can't definitively say I will enter this stock, but if I see any strength confirming the prior breakout area as support, I will likely take an entry. I go into greater detail in the article, but the chart below leaves little analysis needed. If you enjoy my Investopedia Column, you can find an archive of most my articles here.





Good Trading,

Joey


blog comments powered by Disqus